Eagle Mountain Golf Course


Eagle Moutain, Brigham City

Back 9 - Blue Tees



Jordan: This course is on the hillside as you drive up Sardine Canyon in Brigham City. I have seen this course many times and wanted to play it, and finally got the opportunity. As I have made it known, I do like mountain courses, and this one is considered a mountain course being on the hillside. We played the back nine, which is a little more flat and goes down the hill. The course was in great shape; the greens were smooth and quick (which I like). My only issue was that there were some dead spots that it was clear they were trying to get green again, but they were watering the whole course, which made it extremely wet. There was more than one hole with standing water in the fairway. We even got to witness Tim stick a drive into the fairway of a par 5 due to it being so wet. Even with this course being wet the greens still rolled true which is always great, especially with how spongy some greens felt. I am glad I finally got to play this course and it was a beautiful view. Again, no beer to review with this course, we will have to get back on the beer reviews.
Gorgeous views at this course.

This course gets a birdie, but it teeters on a par with how wet it was. 

TJ: This course is gorgeous, there really is no way around that. It's at the mouth of the canyon and as always the Utah mountains deliver breathtaking views. It is really close to the freeway on certain holes, but I never did notice much road noise. What i did notice about this course is how saturated the grass was. It started off fine, but as you worked your way down the mountain it got worse. I'll say the same thing i did about Remuda, it could be that it was early in the morning and would get better throughout the day, but it made this course interesting to play. I have a fairly steep attack angle and there were times I ended up taking massive divots and chunking shots just because it was so wet. (The divots were replaced, as they should be)
For me what really saves this course is the views. I, unlike Jordan, am not a huge fan of mountain courses, but this was fun. I will close with this, I wouldn't want to walk this course. Coming down the hill would be fine, but coming back up would not be good times. 
No pictures from me, i didn't have my phone out this round, sorry.

I give this course a Par. 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.